Millions of Spaniards are seeing eye-catching ads for Dublin and Belfast in metro stations in Madrid and Barcelona right now. Tourism Ireland’s latest promotion, in partnershi
p with Atrapalo, a major online travel agent in Spain, is under way.
The campaign aims to boost late season travel from Spain to the island of Ireland and to kick-start business for 2018. As well as the metro ads, the campaign includes
- online ads on websites like El País, Huffington Post Espana, Ocholeguas and El Mundo;
- email marketing to the Atrapalo database of 1 million Spanish travellers;
- a dedicated microsite and Ireland booking engine on Atrapalo.com;
- Ireland article in Atrapalo’s Houdinis magazine, which has about 80,000 readers; and
- extensive social media activity, via the Atrapalo Facebook and Twitter channels (about 428,500 followers).