Restaurant Patrick Guilbaud, last year recorded losses of €662,998 due to the pandemic.
A note on the accounts filed by the restaurant’s company Becklock, co-owner of the two star Michelin restaurant, Patrick Guilbaud, said “We have to rebuild the business from now when the Government allows us to re-open.”
The post tax losses of €662,998 follow years of record profits where the restaurant, housed in the five star Merrion hotel in Dublin, recorded post tax profits of €873,643 in 2019 and €524,952 in 2018
Ahead of the anticipated full re-opening of indoor hospitality next Monday, Patrick Guilbaud said the restaurant was “ very busy bookings wise.” “We had a good business before and I don’t see why we won’t have a good business when we come back.”
The accounts cover the first five months of the pandemic and a note attached to he them states that during the period March to the end of August last year, the company laid off staff and reduced working hours for staff who have been retained.